Flag

Flag

Sunday, May 23, 2021

6 Months! I'm a quarter done!

 Hola!


On the 17th of May I hit my 6 month mark! Yay!! It's like a holiday here. I'm a quarter done with my mission, which is pretty exciting. I mean I'm not counting down or anything, but it's still pretty cool. This is flying by so honestly I'm going to be done in no time. I'm not in a rush because life has a missionary is super cool and fun. Kinda awkward but the laughs are real.

Okay so this email might be a little rushed, unfortunately, because I totally forgot to write and P-Day ends in a half hour so I'm just typing on my phone as fast as I can. We're still teaching Buddy and Rose but they're in the hospital right now and we're pretty worried for them. We haven't talked with them in a week! We're also teaching a girl named Calia and a kid named Elijah. They will probably be baptized pretty soon. We set a tentative date for Calia but she said she wasn't ready for it just yet. We're just like thinking, ummm yeah you are, but you just don't realize it yet. We basically told her that the baptismal date will be a goal to strive for, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be that day. She then proceeded to set her own date to some day in December and we're like what the heck? So we're gonna work with her on that because she is so ready. 

We have been finding people like crazy here which is pretty great. I've taught so many restoration lessons and that's been fun. Elder Caldwell is getting better at teaching which is exciting to see. I like throwing him into the deep end during lessons. I'll just be like, "and my companion would love to tell you more about that." He is getting good at improvising. Training is so fun haha. 


One fun thing that happened this week is that I got to go to the Stake President's house and make cookies! During quarantine he perfected the chocolate chip cookie recipe and now makes the most bomb cookies. We had to measure every thing down to exactness and I felt like I was in a lab or something. He has perfected everything about it through trial and error. We have a bunch of cookie dough now at the apartment haha. Afterwards a bunch of other missionaries showed up and I briefly mentioned I sang to the Stake President so he made me sing a song for everyone while his wife played on the piano. He was like "before we leave tonight, Elder Pack needs to sing a song for all of us." I was like what the heck! Why? But actually, I'm kinda glad I got to do that. It was a pretty good song and I'm not going to lie I wasn't too bad so that was neat. 

One of the most valuable lessons that I've learned as a missionary is that rice and chicken is a cheat code. Rice is literally so good and it goes with everything. I learned we have a rice cooker in the apartment so I started making rice with like every meal. It's so good. I hope one day that after my mission I can be a master cook but right now I'm going to start small. Rice and chicken though for sure is a mega cheat code to life.


I know its cliché now but I wanted to share a scripture! This scripture is in Doctrine and Covenants 63:9-10

It says: 
"9 But, behold, faith cometh not by signs, but signs follow those that believe.

10 Yea, signs come by faith, not by the will of men, nor as they please, but by the will of God."

I literally see signs everyday that there is a God, but you just have to have faith first. Signs don't come until you have that faith and if it's the will of our Father in Heaven. 

Anyways I love all of you and hope you all have a great week! 

Sincerely,
Elder Pack 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The End

  Well, this is it. Two full years in serving God. I can't believe it's over. This last week I've been reflecting on my mission ...