Flag

Flag

Saturday, October 8, 2022

Lone Mountain Temple

 Hola, 


This was a very good week. Saw lots of miracles and had more really awesome experiences. The heat is cooling down now and it's no longer blazing hot. I survived two Vegas Desert summers! That's so awesome. More people are outside now and it's actually enjoyable to be outside, I hope this means our finding and other efforts will increase. 

We had general conference this week. This will be my fourth and final general conference in the mission. We watched with a bunch of different members for each session and one of them was an inactive family. After watching a session, they mentioned how they would like to start coming back to church. Very cool! We also watched it with our investigator Cynthia in Sandy Valley, and she really liked the Sunday morning session. The talks really helped her out a lot. It's super amazing to see these experiences go on in people's lives and be a part of this great work. Not going to lie I definitely gained like 10 pounds from how many cinnamon rolls I ate during conference with the members. 
Watching General Conf. with a member


At the very end of conference, they announced that they will build a temple in Lone Mountain Nevada, that's in my mission! Very cool to hear that in my last transfer of my mission. Finally, a Las Vegas West temple. The east is cool but west is the best. Lone Mountain is a random mountain in the Westside of Las Vegas just chilling there and so it's super cool to hear that there will be a temple literally right next to it. That Lone Mountain hike will be even better now. I'm looking forward to attending that temple one day. 

Lone Mountain Temple site



The rest of my week was good. We had lots of experiences where we prayed and felt prompted to go to an area and then we found someone to teach. Very cool. We found a part member family not on record who wants to start coming back to church. We just got their records moved in so now the ward can start ministering to them and stuff. It's been a productive and good week. Being in the service of the Lord is always amazing. I love the mission. Cynthia also fasted with us last week so she could go to church on Sunday and get a new job. A new job then opened up to help her out and now she will attend church soon. Very cool! 

Also, we found out that there was a reason why those mines were closed up. Apparently, there are large amounts of radiation and uranium so we will not be attending the abandoned mines anymore.

Anyways so that was pretty much the entire week, I love my mission and my area. This is an amazing time to be serving.

Sincerely,
Elder Neil Pack 
Me on Lone Mountain with the new temple site behind me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The End

  Well, this is it. Two full years in serving God. I can't believe it's over. This last week I've been reflecting on my mission ...