Flag

Flag

Monday, October 3, 2022

Stay Out, Stay Alive

 Hola,


I've been thinking more and more about my life after the mission. I'm not trunky or anything like that. Trunky is just a term that means you want to go home. My thoughts are this: the day I leave will come when it comes. I'll be ready but I'm still going to work as much as I can these last few weeks that I have. Sometimes it's difficult with my companions. Lately my companions have been pretty lazy which is a bummer. Elder Muraski will grind if I grind but if I don't choose to go out or plan well then nothing really gets done. I love him haha but this is the life I'm in, I guess. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I feel like I work really hard and sometimes others don't have that same drive which is fine. I'm in my last transfer and Elder Muraski is in his second to last. His end is coming up around the corner. 




Anyways so what happened this week. Well, it was the first week after transfers and our roommate picked up his new missionary Elder Burns. He's a funny guy that is excited to work. I'm glad to live with Elder Maner and Elder Burns in my last transfer. It's kinda interesting to see the generation of missionaries that will live on after I leave. It's pretty surreal. I guess that how life goes though. I've started a program called 'MyPlan' for missionaries going home. It helps people transition to the real world. It's also super boring. Each zoom meeting for the MyPlan thing is on a different subject. One of the upcoming ones will be about dating which might be cool. :)

A tarantula some Elders in my zone found and now have as a pet.





Group picture at transfers



Elder Muraski and I also went to Sandy Valley again and taught our two investigators out there, Michelle and Cynthia. Cynthia is struggling to get time off from work on Sundays, so we fasted with her on Sunday for her to get work off. Hopefully she will soon. I'd really like to see her baptized before I go home. Michelle is attending church and progressing, she could be baptized this transfer as well. In Sandy Valley we saw a lot of more cool stuff, like abandoned mines and helicopters with turrets flying around. Basically, there is this helicopter tour place where you can pay to ride a helicopter and shoot from a turret at a mountain. I took a video of it but didn't get any pictures, it was really cool. It flew over our truck then just started going ham on the mountain. 


We didn't go into any areas that were marked DANGER.



A sign outside the mine. Stay Out, Stay Alive

Arial view of parts of Las Vegas





This is going to be a fun transfer. It sure is going to go by fast. I hope it doesn't go by too fast. 

Sincerely,
Elder Neil Pack



No comments:

Post a Comment

The End

  Well, this is it. Two full years in serving God. I can't believe it's over. This last week I've been reflecting on my mission ...