Flag

Flag

Sunday, September 5, 2021

It's Literally Falling Apart

 Hola,


This was a pretty sweet week in the mission field. Lots of miracles and great things happened. I've grown to love the people here in the Cheyenne ward. They are so old but so amazing. They're so generous and I'm so blessed to have them in my life. There are so many families here after the mission that I want to see. First of all, my ward mission leader is so amazing, his name is Brother Carson and every Friday he takes all four of the missionaries in the ward out to lunch. He's retired so he can kinda do whatever he wants. I love him so much. He loves and cares for us like a grandfather would and he is working so hard to make sure the Cheyenne ward is successful in missionary work. I have no idea how long I have with this ward though. Transfers are coming up at the end of this week and I have a feeling I won't be staying here, but we will see. You never know with transfers. 

This next transfer were supposed to get 38 new missionaries (which is a lot by the way) into the whole mission. We got 32 missionaries last transfer so this is going to be exciting to see where president puts them all. That means that there are going to be 38 new trainers which is sweet. President told me I would train in interviews if there were a lot of the new missionaries coming. So I'm pretty sure I'll be training, which is pretty exciting. But hey, I won't get my hopes up so that way I won't get disappointed when something unexpected happens. Our mission is one of the top Instagram and Facebook missions in the world so they like to send missionaries here for their reassignment to learn how to do social media work and then springboard to there original assignments and teach everyone there how to actually grind on Facebook. 

Well, it's official, Wyatt got baptized. Last Saturday on the 28th, Wyatt finally got baptized.











We would have had them baptized last transfer but his family pushed it back so his family could be there but then his family wasn't even there. I was like bruh what. But it's all good. I have loved working with his family and we will continue working with them after baptism to help them prepare to enter the temple one day. That's a far off goal but it's good to help build their foundation for that. Wyatt's baptism was probably the most spiritual baptism I've ever been to. The spirit was so strong and there were a lot of people there to see it. There was nothing that went wrong either, everything was perfect! I'm proud of his family and I hope they can continue on the covenant path towards eternal life. 







Monday we went to a baseball game. President approved it for us so we got the opportunity to go to an Aviators game on my P-Day. It was so much fun and we took a lot of pictures! Even though they were only a triple A team, the Aviators were playing pretty good and won in the 9th inning. Our whole mission was there and it was cool to see old friends. After every inning there is a little game they play on the field for everyone to see and they kept getting missionaries to play in the games and that was pretty fun to see. Wish I could've caught a foul ball but I saw some other missionaries who did. I'm so glad our president let us go and it will be a day I'll never forget on the mission. 













I had exchanges the other day with a new missionary named Elder Hatch. It was a pretty fun exchange and I love Elder Hatch, he really likes to read so he was telling me about all these cool books I should read after the mission. I don't know how but this guy got me trunky on books. I don't even like to read but he talked about some super cool books and now I really want to read them haha. Just need to wait a little over a year and then I can. Elder Hatch is fresh on the mission field so I really liked serving with him. He's a good guy, plus his Spanish is pretty good. So many people honked at us when we were biking around, it always surprises me when someone honks right next to me on the side of the road. People always wait till the last second to honk right when they're in my blind spot and it scares me sometimes. Anyways, the exchanges was pretty good, we found one new person to teach and then ran into a basher. After the exchange we dropped Elder Hatch back at the Truman House and then grabbed some glass soda bottles for the road. Elder McGee showed me this cool trick where you can cause the pressure of the glass bottle to push upward and cut the top of the bottle clean off. You use a butter knife and tap it and then slide upwards and it just explodes. It was pretty sweet. What wasn't sweet was drinking from the broken glass bottle afterwards. I cut the inside of my lip on the cut glass part and it started bleeding like crazy. That was fun. 

Anyways, I finally bought a new bike! I had to retire the old one. The one Elder Parrales sold me for 60$ was pretty good at first but it soon became a piece of junk. The night that I had to retire it, the bike was literally falling apart as we were riding home. I got another flat tire making that 9 flat tires this whole transfer and so we walked it home. The gears stopped switching and then the kick stand and some other stuff literally fell off as I was riding. The bike was done. So, Elder Robert's sold me his bike. I got this bike for 200$ which was sweet. His bike is so nice and he sold it to me for a good price. It was even approved by our vehicle coordinator, he even said that 200$ was a good price for the bike and said the bike was still in really good condition. So yeah that's pretty sweet. Since Elder Robert's was trying to sell his bike this whole transfer, Sister Harris told Elder Robert's that my bike sucked and was a piece of junk so I finally got a nice bike. I was a little sad Sister Harris called out my bike like that but really I'm super thankful she told him so I could buy a new bike. It was time to retire the thing. 


You know it's really cliché to say this but I've really learned a lot here on my mission. One lesson I've learned this week is if you have the money and it'll help you, pay for something nice, not a 60$ lump of trash. I'm probably going to end up donating the lump of trash to the mission office, hopefully they can find a use for it. Another lesson I've learned from Elder McGee is patience. This guy is the most patient and loving person I know. He is literally so forgiving and I really am going to miss him if I get transferred. This guy forgives me for all my faults and I am so thankful for him. He's taught me a lot and I want to be an Elder McGee to all my future companions. He's a huge example to me. Anyways thank you all for reading my emails and I'll see you next week. Love you all.

Sincerely,
Elder Pack 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The End

  Well, this is it. Two full years in serving God. I can't believe it's over. This last week I've been reflecting on my mission ...