Flag

Flag

Monday, December 6, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving

 Hola,

Well that was probably the fastest transfer of my mission, these things just keep on flying by. I am so excited for this transfer though. Like, I am soooo excited. On Saturday we got our transfer calls and Elder Rehkow and Flores told us we'd be transferred... sort of. Elder Plaster and I are still sticking together (which is AWESOME) but we are leaving the Willows Ward and going to the Laurelwood Ward. Apparently, I was supposed to be in the Laurelwood Ward and then I got put in Willows but now I am here which is good. We had to change apartments so I wouldn't be living with Elder Carter and Schmutz anymore (which is sad) but now I will be living with Elder Sorenson and Rehkow. That is so cool and rare! I'm living with my trainer again. Out of over 230 something missionaries what are the odds of me living with him again. I am so excited. Also we get a car! Yay. Life is good. We got a white Equinox which is so sick. I am excited for this transfer. I'm still the District Leader which is fun, I like it a lot now. And some old friends from the beginning of my mission are in my District now.

My District



So last transfer was a tough experience for me. Not physically, just mentally. We grinded but couldn't find any success. We had a couple of people to teach. Lots of miracles for sure but not any miracles that led to the waters of baptism that transfer. Of course we planted some MAJOR seeds, we didn't really get to see the fruits of those. However, I know that those people we ran into and taught will progress and I hope they choose to be baptized. What's cool is a lot of the people I have taught previously have gotten baptized. Like Eric and his friends from when I was in Evergreen. Also Buddy from when I was in Evergreen got baptized which was cool since we started teaching him first. I don't even know how many seeds and other chain of events I am starting. 



I increased my humility and faith a lot this transfer which is good. (Those are the two Christlike attributes I was trying to work on). Now I want to study virtue and meekness (meekness is basically teachable). 

Anyways what happened this past week, well not a whole lot. Let's see... oh yeah Thanksgiving happened.

So Thanksgiving was awesome, we went to the Bishop's house and our Mission President told us it was okay to spend as much time as we wanted at members homes eating Thanksgiving and sharing messages. So we spent a decent amount of time with the Jones hanging out. We taught their kids how to rub their fingers on wine glasses and then make really annoying noises. It was so awesome but Brother and Sister Jones thought it was less awesome. The food was awesome and it will definitely be known as one my most memorable Thanksgivings ever. This Christmas will be memorable too and I'm excited.

This transfer I am just going to go off with Elder Plaster. I can't express to you how much I appreciate Elder Plaster. He is so awesome. This is definitely the best parts of my mission so far. Great zone, great companion, great area, life is good. Don't get be wrong all my other companions are my best homies. I love all of them so much and I am definitely hanging out with them after the mission. 

Our Taco Bell sauce tower



It's kinda cool being more than a year out and now people respect me. I feel like a cool kid now haha. Nah, I'm just joking. I love my mission so much. I love who I am becoming. 

Sincerely,
Elder Pack


No comments:

Post a Comment

The End

  Well, this is it. Two full years in serving God. I can't believe it's over. This last week I've been reflecting on my mission ...