Flag

Flag

Sunday, December 5, 2021

I almost got stabbed by a man!

 Hola, 


I hit my one year mark! This is so awesome! Now I feel special! 

The end of the transfer is coming. Which means Elder Plaster and I get our transfer details in a week. If I get split from Elder Plaster I'm going to be so sad. Might cry honestly. He's so funny and I love him so much. I know I say it every email but it's true. He's honestly become one of my best friends. This transfer has been awesome. Loved training again. Really liked being a district leader, even though for the first 3 weeks I had no idea what I was doing. I basically figured out how to make councils and now it's dope. I don't have a lot of time so it's time to write a short email really fast. 

Angela got back to us and we had a powerful lesson. We finally had dinner with our ward mission leader Brother Erickson. The ward has been good and now we're finally finding a decent amount but no one progressing really quickly. Life is still just really awesome and I'm not depressed so that's good. We also served at a primary activity and I got to ride a hand wagon pulled by 8 year olds. It was so fun.




I had a two cool experiences, one where we were biking around and I was trying to teach Elder Plaster how to follow the spirit. I want to make sure Elder Plaster has all of my tips and tricks just in case I leave. Following the spirit is tough. Basically the spirit is usually the first thought that pops into your head that is something you wouldn't typically think. The second voice is usually the adversary. It tells you that the thing you thought was something stupid and won't work. So we were biking and we passed a U-Haul and I had a thought to follow the U-Haul so I looked back and yelled at Elder Plaster to follow the U-Haul. So we did and then when the lady parked in front of her house she got out and we asked her if we could help. She said that there was no way she could do it all by herself and that she has been praying that God would send angels to help her. We said "well here we are, so how can we help?" It was a cool story to show Elder Plaster how to follow the spirit. 

Another story is when I almost got stabbed by a man during our lesson. We met with a guy who was really lonely and needed some friends but also told us he was suffering mentally. So then in the middle of the lesson he yelled "what if I just grabbed this knife here..." and lunged towards Elders Plaster and I. I was ready to die. But he basically just wanted to do a weird knife object lesson. I love the guy and all but it was really scary. 

Elder Carpenter

Check out this hamster!



Anyway, I know this email was short but I love my mission and I love my time here! 

-Elder Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End

  Well, this is it. Two full years in serving God. I can't believe it's over. This last week I've been reflecting on my mission ...