Flag

Flag

Monday, June 20, 2022

Let's Hide a Body

 Hola,


It's super-hot outside. Obviously, it's not even the hottest part of the summer but it still is super-hot. Like around 108 degrees right now. It's going to get to around 115 later which is just ridiculous. Right now, is still terrible though. You just have to plow through it and pretend it doesn't exist. Pretend that it's not mega hot outside. Atleast this year I have a car. 



Funny story, we went to 'noche de hogar' which just means family home evening in Spanish. It's an activity that we have every once in a while, where families in the ward get together and have a spiritual thought and hang out together. Anyways, we're just chilling like 10 minutes before it starts, and some lady comes up to us and asks if we can help her with something. We're like sure. She's saying that this is something that we've probably never done on the mission before. We're like uhhh.... so, then she tells us we need to dispose of a body and gestures to a flippin dead cat next to the eating area! So yeah, that was gross so we got gloves and threw the cat into the dumpster. Everyone in the ward was just watching us. We thought we were so cool but we just looked so stupid. That was super fun and now I can say I disposed of a body on my mission. 
I found a duck egg and its huge compared to a chicken egg


Okay this story isn't super gross. We were teaching Cindy and she mentioned how she felt like there was an uneasy presence in her home so we decided to dedicate the home. It was actually a super cool experience because there was a clear difference between before and after the home was dedicated. The spirit was super strong after the home was dedicated and it felt like I was sitting in a missionary apartment or like I was in my home back in Illinois. It was actually pretty cool. I think Cindy noticed it too. Definitely a spiritual experience to remember. 

Elder Mosis being Elder Mosis



Here is a bunch of short quick stories that you might find interesting. We've started to play soccer every Saturday morning and we got lots of people to come. A lot of people are interested in the gospel too. This will be a super cool finding source because Spanish speakers love soccer. Also, the power turned off in the church so Posadas and I looked for the main power breaker and we found it in the Mother's Room of all places. Then we turned the power on. It was actually more fun than the email makes it sound, it was actually hype. Elder Posadas almost pooped his pants while we were tracking too. That was fun. I drive kinda slow so I think he got mad at me because of that haha. 



We had zone conference and it was actually really good. Sometimes I turn my brain off when it's something I've already heard before since I've been here for 19 months I've basically heard everything and I just vibe. But the theme was not going inactive after the mission so I took lots of notes. It was a good conference and a good theme. Here is the acronym:

P-repare daily to do his will
R-emain a missionary all your life
E-ducation 
S-earch for a companion who is steadfast in Christ
S-tay anchored to family and priesthood leaders
F-ollow living prophets and apostles
O-rdinances 'monthly temple attendance'
R-epent and quick to forgive
W-ork hard but never overlook family
A-sk God what I stand in need of
R-eturn and report each evening to the Lord
D-on't stop doing the fundamentals



Just a funny picture of my mission president



Thanks for reading my boring emails. Love you all so much!

Sincerely,
Elder Neil Pack


No comments:

Post a Comment

The End

  Well, this is it. Two full years in serving God. I can't believe it's over. This last week I've been reflecting on my mission ...