Flag

Flag

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

My Apartment Was Infested with Cockroaches!

 Hey,

2022 is really flying by. My last year on the mission is going to go by so fast. I really feel bad about this week as nothing really interesting happened. Still working really hard and trying to do all the right things. Love my district and my zone. The Elders and sisters here have become some of my best friends. I love Elder Plaster. Him and I have never ever gotten into a disagreement. Things are looking to be amazing this transfer too with teaching. 

Right now, I live in a pretty gross apartment. It's not old it's just some of the Elders that lived here previously were gross. I deep cleaned the whole apartment this morning which was nice. The apartment is looking so good now. Not a speck anywhere. We also have a cockroach problem which kinda sucks. Yeah, the previously Elders and our neighbors were pretty gross. An exterminator came in today which was nice. The apartment is looking so good now. 
Elder Carter holding Bud Light at a service project. Not sure why.




Something pretty wild happened at a service project this week. We were loading a moving truck and an older gentleman was moving this huge bed by himself and accidently fell out of the truck backwards and it looked like he was going to break his back but then he rolled backwards when he landed like a ninja. So, he was perfectly fine. We thought it was going to be so bad, but he rolled, and it looked awesome, and he was perfectly fine afterwards. Honestly, he should've broken his back 

We are still teaching Edgar and Kayla. We are also teaching a man named Sam. We were directed by the spirit exactly to knock on his house, and he is digging to find the true church of Jesus Christ. It was pretty cool. We had a church tour with this week with him, and he really liked it. I honestly love being a missionary and talking to people. It is the most fun thing ever. Teaching new people is awesome. I have had so many cool experiences. Teaching Sam has been awesome. I really like answering people's questions and blowing their mind. It is so satisfying. He was really caught up on some doctrine that didn't make sense to him, so we read the scriptures together to help clarify things for him. 

Nothing else really happened this week other than finally getting rid of the cockroaches by deep cleaning the whole apartment. Also, I'm trying a new thing on the mission. At 10:00 pm I go into the closet and say my personal prayers out loud and write in my journal afterwards. That's been pretty awesome. I've loved my time here and I love serving. I wish my emails were less boring right now but it's whatever. Love you all and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,
-Elder Pack 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The End

  Well, this is it. Two full years in serving God. I can't believe it's over. This last week I've been reflecting on my mission ...